Camp Sandy Cove began its ministry in Maryland in 1950 as Camp Sandy Hill for boys. The next year, a girls’ camp was formed and was named Camp Sandy Cove. In 1979, the boys’ and girls’ camps were combined to form Camp Sandy Hill.
In 1993, we moved to a rented location in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. We also returned to the name Camp Sandy Cove for Boys and Girls.
In October 2003, Sandy Cove Ministries purchased an existing camp along with nearly 200 acres of property in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, near the town of High View, West Virginia. This has quickly become the home of Camp Sandy Cove.
Even though we have gone through many changes in our 60+ year history, our focus has not changed. Camp Sandy Cove is dedicated to sharing the message of salvation through Jesus Christ, and to helping young people develop a relationship with their Creator.
Camp Sandy Cove is the youth camp of its parent organization, Sandy Cove Ministries.